The BUMC Youth Choirs are a group of 6th-12th grade students who serve as leaders of the weekly BUMC 8:30 am Sunday service. In addition to leading worship, we will grow together spiritually, socially, emotionally, and musically. We will work hard to create a welcoming, inclusive culture that encourages one another in our faith. We will find creative ways to connect with fun, playfulness, and positivity!
We will take a HyFlex approach to our programming this year, meaning our plan will be a hybrid combination of remote and limited in-person programming, and it will be flexible depending on changing COVID-19 conditions.
In this registration, you will have the option to sign up for either a Remote Youth Choir Experience or a Hybrid Youth Choir Experience. After this semester, we will ask each participant if you would like to continue with you current experience or switch to the other. You also may change experiences at any point during the season by contacting Dana Gary (firstname.lastname@example.org) or James Wells (email@example.com). Any activities that can be done remotely, will be.
The Remote Youth Choir Experience will include:
- Music reviews Zoom, all of which will be recorded and archived for our remote learners.
- Social Zooms dedicated to building our Youth Choir community
- Meditations on scriptures and the text of our music
- Sharing celebrations and prayer requests
The Hybrid Youth Choir Experience will include:
- All activities from the Remote Youth Choir Experience
- Small outdoor rehearsals and gatherings (groups of 10 or fewer)
- Brief indoor rehearsals in large, well-ventilated rooms (groups of 10 or fewer)
Register here for our Fall 2020 Youth Choirs!